ADDIS ABABA– Ethiopian market stabilization has highly demanded political resolutions as inflation steadily surges due to unstable and fluctuating marketing system, said pioneer economist.
The pioneer economist Gutu Tesso (PhD) told the Ethiopia Press Agency (EPA) that the market system has to be peaceful to enable producers more productive and a combined approach has to be applied to help the market smoothly flow from producers to consumers.
If farmers, manufacturers and traders start working in a coordinated manner, inflation and high cost of living can easily be under control as the presence of instability contribute lot to price hike and rising inflation, he noted.
He further recommended that investors, particularly manufacturers should be supported by the government as they can import inputs for their products. If not, inflation rate could reach to uncontrollable stage due to shortage of supply, he said.
As to him, man-made and natural crises combined are seriously challenging the global market. Balancing import-export trade can also be taken as a means to control the heaving inflation.
The Ethiopian Herald July 9/2021
BY YESUF ENDRIS
- Statement of the Government of Ethiopia on the Current Situation in the SudanThe Government of Ethiopia is closely following developments in the Sudan. This particularly emanates from the strong brotherly ties that have existed between the peoples of the two countries for centuries.It will be recalled that the Ethiopian Government has played a significant role in successfully mediating the establishment of a
- The UN Will Even Let TPLF Assault and Detain Their WorkersNevertheless, a second, independent source confirms it was common knowledge among UN staff that an Ethiopian worker for UNICEF was mistreated and interrogated for hours by the TPLF. By – Jeff Pearce || The UN Will Even Let TPLF Assault and Detain Their Workers “If something comes, no one will
- TPLF Starving Tigrayans by Rejecting Ceasefire, Blocking Humanitarian Aid and Stealing Farmers’ FoodOPINION By Kungu Al-mahadi Adam For selfish interests, the TPLF terrorists, have decided to deliberately starve millions of Ethiopians living in … TPLF Starving Tigrayans by Rejecting Ceasefire, Blocking Humanitarian Aid and Stealing Farmers’ Food For selfish interests, the TPLF terrorists, have decided to deliberately starve millions of Ethiopians living
- “… army troops had yet to reach Tigray as of Monday morning…” Getachew RedaImage – Soldiers of Tigray Defence Force (TDF) in Mekele, Tigray region, Ethiopia. Photographer: Yasuyoshi Chiba/AFP/Getty Images The Ethiopian Army launches offensive on all fronts – rebels the government had a responsibility to protect its citizens across the country from acts of terrorism but gave no further details. spokeswoman Billene Seyoum
- U.N. official recalled from Ethiopia over audio recordings – letterImage – Antonio Vitorino, Director General of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) In the recordings, the two women say – without citing evidence – that World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is among the U.N. officials who sympathise with Tigrayan forces. Tedros, who is Tigrayan, Reuters II 12.10.21