Sudan Tribune news website said a high-ranking military official in North Darfur state had revealed that the Sudanese army conducted a series of intense airstrikes targeting a military base belonging to the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) in North Darfur, located near the Libyan border.
The website said that in a bid to prevent the delivery of military supplies to the RSF via Libya, the Sudanese army had seized control of the Chevrelet military base, located on the Libyan border, just a few days after the outbreak of hostilities on April 19.
“Without explicitly naming the countries involved, the Sudanese army has accused some countries in the region of providing weapons and ammunition to the RSF through Libya and the Central African Republic.” The website indicated.
Press reports have confirmed the involvement of Khalifa Haftar’s forces in sending military and logistical support to the RSF in Sudan. In mid-August, the Libyan Prime Minister Abdul Hamid Dbeibah accused a “Libyan party”: without naming them – of being involved in sending military support to one of the warring parties in Sudan.
The Sudanese ambassador to Libya, Ibrahim Ahmed, also confirmed in an interview with Al-Jazeera channel about a week ago that Khalifa Haftar had sent weapons to the RSF in Sudan before the start of the war.
- U.S Senator Robert Menendez, His Wife, and three businessmen charged with bribery offensesU.S. Attorney Damian Williams said: “As the grand jury charged, between 2018 and 2022, Senator Menendez and his wife engaged in a corrupt relationship with Wael Hana, Jose Uribe, and Fred Daibes – three New Jersey businessmen who collectively paid hundreds of thousands of dollars of bribes, including cash, gold, … Read more
- Veteran Diplomat Ketema Yifru Awarded Bego Sew Special AwardIt was indicated during the ceremony that Ketema had also served his country in various responsibilities in addition to his contributions to the establishment of the Organization of African Unity and pan-Africanism. (ENA):- Veteran Diplomat Ketema Yifru has been awarded the 2023 Bego Sew special Award for his outstanding contribution … Read more
- Why G20’s debt-relief strategy is failingThe Indian Prime Minister says a G20 strategy has driven global debt restructuring since his country assumed leadership. That’s not the full picture. By Biswajit Dhar – downtoearth.org.in Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is about to host G20 leaders in New Delhi, has boasted about his country’s role in easing global … Read more
- G20 Summit: Good progress on easing debt in Zambia, Ethiopia & Ghana, says finance ministerIndia releases G20 New Delhi Leaders’ Declaration stating developing countries would need $5.8-5.9 trillion up to 2030 to implement Nationally Determined contributions By Rohini Krishnamurthy – downtoearth.org.in There has been good progress in helping address the debt situation in Zambia, Ethiopia and Ghana, Union Finance Minister (FM) Nirmala Sitharaman, said during a press … Read more
- Netanyahu wants immediate deportation of Eritreans after Tel Aviv violenceIsrael is considering tough steps including the immediate deportation of Eritrean asylum seekers involved in riots in Tel Aviv on Saturday. By Yolande Knell – BBC News, Jerusalem Some 170 people were injured in violent clashes with police and in-fighting between groups of supporters and opponents of the Eritrean regime. … Read more